Moya and its founders have been in the water industry for over 40 years with active involvements in most of the industry’s segments. Moya founding member, Dr. Adil Bushnak is a global water authority and one of the early promoters of desalination in the region.
- 1970 Promoting Reverse Osmosis technology in the GCC region.
- 1975 Formed Land Sea Transport Company (LSTCO)
- 1979 Formed Al-Thara Soil Testing, JV with STS Inc. of USA
- 1978 Formed Al-Mishkah Consulting, JV with Sverdrup Corporation
- 1979 Launch of first desalination & waste water treatment Co. in Saudi Arabia/Middle east called Al-Kawther industries
- 1983 Created the International Desalination Association (IDA) along with International experts and organization
- 1985 Partnership with DuPont,USA to establish Water Membrane manufacturing Co.
- 1987 Dr. Adil Bushnak nominated as first Arab president of IDA
- 1989 Formed of Dar Al-Taqniya consulting
- 1990 Formed Behar formation, first initiative to use salt water directly for commercial irrigation
- 1991 Formed Water Environmental Services Company
- 1993 Establishment Shada Industrial Construction Services in partnership with Doosan
- 1994 Pioneered implementation of Energy Recovery Devices (Turbo charger) in SWRO plant at Durrat Al-Aroos project
- 1995 Pioneered to test high efficiency energy recovery device Pressure Exchanger
- 1996 Promoting Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR) for waste water treatment & reuse in the region
- 1998 Launch of first private SWRO plant for water supply, "Kindasa Water Services", with business partners
- 1999 Pioneered to use the first high recovery (50%) in SWRO plant design at Narippayur, India
- 2000 Pioneered use of UF membrane for seawater application in KSA. Pilot test was done to demonstrate the feasibility.
- 2005 Launch of Bushnak/DAT Academy to provide professional training courses for global experts in the water industry.
- 2005 Organized first Water and Power Forum in KSA, the Saudi Water and Power Forum SWPF.
- 2005 Establishment of AWWS and associated plants formation in partnership with Amiwater
- 2006 Formed Water Environmental Saudia Services Co (Saudia City) in collaboration with Kindasa water services.
- 2006 Promoted social efforts to use Treated Sewage Effluent water for non-potable and agricultural usage.
- 2006 Formed Bushnak Pallava in India
- 2007 Secured first BOT project for supplying 10,000 m3/day potable water to Saudi Arabian Airlines City
- 2008 First to test pretreatment chemical free seawater RO operation
- 2009 Creation of Moya Holding, amalgamation and establishment of Moya Bushnak
- 2010 First to test large diameter (18 inch) seawater RO membranes in Saudi Arabia.
- 2011 Secured BOT project of 7,500 m3/day to supply potable water to Al-Buhairat City & external clients
- 2012 Formed South East Europe Investment Co (SEIC)
- 2013 Secured BOO project for supplying 15,000 m3/day potable water to Tawzea company through Kindasa company
- 2014 Formed Moya Ewan for utility services (Potable water supply & distribution, waste water treatment